Our Surgical Services Department consists of 2 cardiac catheter labs, 8 operating theatres in the main Operating Theatre area and 5 operating theatres and a procedure room in our Day Surgery Unit. We undertake all surgical specialties with the exception of obstetrics and pediatrics.
Pioneering procedures and using state of the art technology enable St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Sydney to remain as the leader in delivering high-end theatre based advanced technology for all surgical and minimally invasive procedures. Our reputation enables us to attract key medical and nursing staff to St Vincent’s Private. As a result our patients have access to the latest and most accurate technology available on the market and a dedicated and enthusiastic surgical team. Examples of this include:
- Robotic Surgery spanning across, urological, cardiac and head and neck procedures. We are the most experienced team, with the most number of cases in NSW with a program that has been established for nearly 10 years.
- Neurosurgical, Orthopaedic and ENT teams having access to the best available navigational systems. This allows advanced and specific marking of the anatomy and providing guidance to target specific tissue.
- A variety of Laser technology is available for Urological, ENT, Ophthalmic and dermatological applications.
- Our Cardiac Catheter Labs undertake structural heart and vascular procedures in addition to other standard interventional cardiac procedures.
- Our anaesthetic department has access to the best and safest anaesthetic delivery units available on the market today. Premium technology such as ultrasound equipment (including 3D cardiac ultrasounds) and other equipment that assist our practitioners with the skill and expertise to provide to our patients.
- Many of our operating theatres have access to excellent audio-visual assistance for procedures.
Our Day Surgery Unit with 5 theatres and a procedure room has one of the most unique set ups in Australia. In addition to day only procedures, the Day Surgery Unit undertakes more complex surgical procedures involving patients requiring to stay as an inpatient overnight in the Hospital. The unit looks after in excess of 8000 patients per year.