At St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney, our culture of innovation is at the forefront of our employees’ ideas. If you want to make a difference, we invite you to join our team.
We place significant importance on the delivery of compassionate care within a positive working environment – an environment that encourages our employees to reach their full potential. We value research, learning and development, and offer all staff an environment that fosters their professional growth. We are a highly regarded choice for undergraduate and postgraduate students and a first choice for many health professionals. Since 2011, we have been Magnet Designated – the most notable international credential a healthcare organisation can achieve for nursing excellence.
Investing in our People
At St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney, we embrace values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence. We want to hear from people who share our values, who want to make a difference and who care.
We are an equal opportunity employer, work as a team and make the professional development of our employees a priority. When you are an employee at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney, you can expect the following:
- Postgraduate learning and development opportunities
- Salary-packaging options, including:
- Smartsalary where you can earn up to $9,010 tax free every year to help meet financial commitments, like rent, your mortgage, utilities, etc.
- Flexible competency-based rostering – work-life balance is as important to us as it is to you. We support part-time work, rostered days off for full-time staff, and the opportunity for hours to be paid in lieu.
- The full support of an Employee Assistance Program
- Annual flu injections
- Management and employee programs
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
We understand that in order to recruit and retain the finest, St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney must be a truly great place to work. To ensure that we understand the factors that contribute to this, every two years we conduct a staff survey through Best Practice Australia, one of Australia’s leading providers of workforce culture surveys and diagnostics.
The analysis surveys is what attracts people to work at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney. It includes the team dynamics, employee expectations, how we meet these expectations and work-life balance.
Our most recent survey, conducted in 2013, had an exceptional response rate of 88%. Of those, 76% of staff reported that the hospital was a truly great place to work. Our reputation is our most attractive factor to our staff and a significant source for our competitive edge. Most importantly, those that work with us would recommend St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney as not only an employer, but as the best place to be if family or friends require health care.